This one’s a real bugger and there’s no info at all on the web:
- Close Visual Studio
- Open cmd and type -> adb kill-server
- Connect device through USB
- Go back to cmd window -> adb tcpip 5555
- Open new cmd window -> adb connect <YOUR-DEVICE-IP-ADDRESS>
- Unplug device
- Open Visual Studio
- Try deploying again. It should work but it takes longer than expected.
This assumes that the Android Debugger (adb.exe) is added to your PATH variable. For detailed steps on how to do this, check this answer by Chris Sim on StackOverflow.